ASMS collects a range of information about users of our website. This information can include:
- Information you supply about your name and contact details
- Information you supply about your workplace and work as a medical professional
- Information necessary to set up an advertising account on our jobs site
- Records of payment transactions when you use our payment processor
- Information about how you interact with our website
How does ASMS collect this information on our website?
Through our online membership form we ask you to provide all the information necessary to process a membership application.
Through other forms on our website – including survey forms and event sign-up forms – we collect contact information, and information about your workplace and your work, that you provide.
Through our jobs website we ask potential advertisers for contact information to allow them to set up an account.
Through our payment processor Paystation [www.paystation.co.nz] we receive information about online membership payments. We do not collect details about your payment method, except card type. We do receive confirmation that a payment has been made, the amount and an invoice reference. Paystation is a fully PCI DSS compliant certified solutions provider.
Through our partnerships with other online service providers we gather contact information, information about how you interact with our website and information you have provided about your workplace and/or work as a medical professional.
Why does ASMS collect that information?
ASMS collect your information in order to do one of the following:
- process your membership application
- help you to participate in the activity of the union
- gather data that will help us to advance members’ employment interests
- gather data that will help us to campaign on objectives of the union
- allow health employers to advertise jobs
- improve our understanding of how you use our website
Who else does ASMS share this information with?
We are required to share information with our payment processor PayStation. We also share information with other online services providers when we work in partnership with them.
How can you change or update your information held by ASMS? You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, have your information corrected, or seek further information about how we manage information, please contact us at email@example.com, phone 0800 282 767, or write to ASMS at PO Box 10736, Wellington 6140.