Largest response for conference to date!
We have received over 200 registration for this years conference and unfortunately have to close registrations due to the accommodation allocation we have with our hotels being fully booked.
We still have space at the venue if you are local and wish to attend. Please contact us or by phoning 04 499 1271.
A livestream of conference is also available – excluding formal business on day 1 at 11:30. If you are interested in regisering for the livesteam, please email us to receive your link.
Clause 29.1 of the DHB MECA gives leave on full pay to attend meetings of the ASMS including our conferences. You do not have to use CME Leave. Member representation at the ASMS Conference is an important part of our governance processes and feedback to and from members at conference is essential to good decision making. The ASMS National Conference is the supreme decision making body of the ASMS. AS a Te Whatu Ora employee you will be attending conference on Professional Leave (29.1) on full pay as a formal representative of ASMS at your District. If you work for a non-TWO Employer please contact your Industrial Officer for advice re paid leave.
This year we have a new venue for conference – the new world-class convention centre, Tākina, situated across the road from Te Papa.
The theme for this event is ‘Resetting the Agenda’ You can see a draft conference programme here.
Pre-Conference Function and Dinner
A pre-conference function will be held at the Foxglove Ballroom on Wednesday 22nd November, starting at 6pm. A conference dinner will be held on Thursday 23rd November at Shed 5, Queens Wharf. Please note numbers are limited to both events so places will be allocated on a first in first served basis.
Clause 29.1 of the MECA includes provision for members to attend Association meetings and conferences on full pay.
Travel and Accommodation
All travel and accommodation arrangements will be made by the ASMS national office. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any amendments to your travel – DO NOT email the travel agent directly. For the size of our conference, accommodation is limited and has been spread across the Intercontinental Hotel, QT Wellington and DoubleTree – all of which are within walking distance of the venue. There is limited space at each of the hotels so we cannot guarantee which hotel you will be placed at. Rest assured all options are 4-5 star rated.
- Delegates are expected to attend both days and will take priority over delegates who can only attend one day.
- Accommodation on Wednesday night will only be provided for those delegates attending the pre-function. Members not attending the pre-function will be booked on flights arriving before 8.30am on Thursday. If we are unable to get you on a flight for Thursday morning due to limited flights or because of your location, we will look at flying you in on Wednesday night.
- Accommodation will be reserved for delegates from out of town. If you reside locally we will not be providing accommodation due to limited room availability.
- An itinerary will be emailed to those requiring flights. You will need to check that the flight details are correct and if changes are required please email email@example.com within 24 hours so we can make the changes for you.
- Please arrange leave from work before registering for the conference as flights will be booked soon after receiving your registration.
- Taxis will depart from Te Papa after conference ends on Friday 24 November and arrive at Wellington airport in time for flights departing from 5:00pm onwards.
Your travel and accommodation will be charged back to ASMS including reasonable incidental expenses.
Taxi cards will be sent a few weeks prior to conference however, if you use your personal card for taxis or a meal please keep the receipt and we will reimburse you.
- If your circumstances change after you have registered and you are unable to attend all or part of the conference, please advise as soon as possible. Unfortunately no-shows at the hotel are charged to ASMS regardless.
- It would be appreciated if delegates would advise in the form below if lunch/s or dinner is not required as these are booked and paid for in advance.
If you have any queries please contact our support team – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 499 1271